Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Class After Thanksgiving Break

Hi, everyone, did you have a nice break, I hope?
I did, but I probably didn't finish everything I needed to for this week.

Today's Agenda:
  • Attendance
  • Returning graded/commented-on things that have not yet been returned
  • Bring rough drafts that you have finished up to the front so I can stamp them with my "DRAFT" stamp. This version will go into the packet when you turn everything in.
  • I will review the Tissue Paper Bike the way it is supposed to be.
  • I will distribute the Left-Handed paper I wrote that incorporates all the articles you read. I will also show another Left-Handed paper that did not fare so well.
  • We will have a lesson on paragraphs that should be Cohesive, Unified, and Developed.
  • We will have a lesson on how to format the final paper.
  • We will have a lesson on Titles--different ways to come up with good ones.
Final drafts of papers will be due by the end of the week (or today or tomorrow, if you prefer) with the 3 items included within them:
1) Final draft, formatted properly, with running page numbers and last-name headers, and a Works Cited page
2) Rough draft--the one I stamped.
3) One of your sources that you used in the paper (paraphrased, quoted, or summarized).
4) YOUR NAME in Sharpie in BIG LETTERS at the top of the envelope.

Next week: Review of Final Exam (will be OPEN Notes and OPEN Book!)
The week after: Papers are returned and you take Final Exam--won't be longer than an hour at most.

Postscript: 
  • Returning graded/commented-on things that have not yet been returned--not everything was completed, but I will have everything completed and at my office by Friday at 2 p.m.

  • Bring rough drafts that you have finished up to the front so I can stamp them with my "DRAFT" stamp. --if you show me your rough draft and I don't have the DRAFT stamp, I will simply initial your draft. This version will go into the packet when you turn everything in.

  • I will review the Tissue Paper Bike the way it is supposed to be.--I will either have these to return to you by Friday if you come by my office at or after 2 OR I'll scan yours in and send it to you corrected, along with the correct version by then.

  • I will distribute the Left-Handed paper I wrote that incorporates all the articles you read. I will also show another Left-Handed paper that did not fare so well.--okay, so I didn't "distribute" it, but we went over it in class.

  • We will have a lesson on paragraphs that should be Cohesive, Unified, and Developed.--I'm hoping you remember to keep your paragraphs DUCKy

  • We will have a lesson on how to format the final paper.--did that

  • We will have a lesson on Titles--different ways to come up with good ones--did that


  • It seemed like everyone was tired in class tonight; I think everyone just wants the semester to be over and all their assignments finished. That's a natural desire. It's mine, too, so when others yawned, I fought it, but I found myself yawning as well.

    You guys are a great group, though. I'm fortunate to be teaching you all this semester. I know you've been very patient with me, and I appreciate it, responding with extended deadlines if needed. Thanks for hanging in there.









    No comments:

    Post a Comment